Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Here am I...

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.  Isaiah 6:8b

How often has the Lord looked your way and said this? How often have you (we) told Him "No"? 

My husband struggled with the call to preach for several years. He'll tell you, he would often say "here I am Lord, I'll do what you'd have me to do". But he was saying it with his mouth only, not his heart. He didn't truly mean he was willing to do whatever God had for him, and thus God didn't reveal all that He had in store for him. But, when he finally knelt at the altar and poured out his heart to God and gave his all and then said "here I am Lord, I'll do what you'd have me to do" - from his heart - the Lord revealed exactly what He wanted him to do.

Unfortunately, we're too often all caught up in what we want to do, rather than what God would have us to do. We should consult with God on everything in our lives, no matter how simple we think it is. He's still in control - of everything! We should all strive to be more willing to do whatever He'd have us to do and say "here am I Lord". And, remember to do so with a "cheerful heart"!  2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment