Friday, March 4, 2011

Thy word have I hid in mine heart

Proverbs 4:20-21 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.

We would do good to remember to stay in God's Word daily. It can be so easy to let life get in the way of doing that. When we don't stay in the Word, we starve our soul of food from the Father. (Not many of us miss a trip by the kitchen for a meal during the course of a day!) None of us are an exception, myself included. And, it's like missing church - once you miss, the next time is easier to miss and so on, until you wind up farther away from God than you'd thought you'd be. As you get farther away from God, the way back becomes more difficult, though not impossible.

We should also try to memorize scripture. When we have a situation that comes into our lives, the Lord will give us a verse or verses for the situation to help us through it. If we haven't been in His Word to have read those verses, how can He bring them to our mind?

 Psalm 119:11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment